Effective Starting 25 May 2018
AAID (‘AAID’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) is committed to protecting your privacy and providing you with a safe and secure user experience. When you request our services we will collect some personal information about you, including; your name, address, contact telephone numbers, your e-mail address. We require this information for a number of different reasons including, communicating with you as we provide our service to you, communication on your behalf with third parties, reporting and research purposes and for marketing and other activities. AAID has created this Privacy Statement under the European Union Data Protection Act 1998 and the European Union General Data Protection Regulations 2018. The statement is for your information and it covers how we collect, use, disclose, transfer and store personal your data.
1. AAID is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using our goods and services. We want our services and products to be safe, transparent and reliable. This Privacy Statement relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you. It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person. In order to provide you with the full range of AAID services, we sometimes need to collect information about you. This Privacy Statement explains the following:
AAID is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018. No system of data storage can be completely secure; if you have any concerns or complaints that your personal data held by AAID could have been compromised: someone could have discovered your personal details held by us, please contact us immediately. Our contact details are at section 12 of this statement.
2. What information will AAID collect about me? When you get in touch with us either via e-mail, a telephone call or when you visit us at our office we will collect some personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, as well as information collected about the goods or services we provide to you.
3. How will AAID use the information it collects about me? AAID will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
4. When will AAID contact me? AAID may contact you:
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes? AAID will only send you marketing emails or contact you where you have agreed to this by giving us your consent. From time to time we may also contact you to ask your views about the service AAID has provided to you. We may personalise the message content based upon any information you have provided to us. If you want to stop all personalised messages from AAID, including annual marketing messages you can contact us at any time and instruct us to stop. We will, of course, stop.
6. Will AAID share my personal information with anyone else? We will keep your information within AAID except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies), where sharing is required to fulfil the contract between us or where you have consented to us sharing your information with other parties involved in the service we provide to you. Generally, we will use your information within AAID and will only share it outside AAID where you have requested it via a data portability request, or given your consent. AAID requires all third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and AAID requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes and only use your information for reasons associated with the goods or services we provide for you.
7. How long will AAID keep my information? We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the purpose of the supply or goods of services and for any legal requirements. It is anticipated that we will hold your personal information for a period of 7 years; this is a legal requirement which we have to meet.
8. Can I delete my data? You can always ask for your information to be deleted by AAID. However, please bear in mind that we are required to hold your data for a minimum period of 7 years for legal reasons. Deleting the data AAID holds about you will erase any personal data we have about you and it will mean any data we hold about how you after your request that we use in future; will be made anonymous.
9. Can I find out what personal information AAID holds about me? Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 you have the right to request a copy of the personal data AAID holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We have a legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. Please address requests and questions about this or any other question about this Privacy Statement to the Data Protection Officer, Deborah Allen, Deborah.firstname.lastname@example.org of your Data Protection Office at AAID. We will need two copies of forms of identification, which can be:
10. This Privacy Statement may be updated from time to time so you may wish to check it each time you submit personal data to AAID. If you do not agree to any changes, please do not continue to use AAID website or submit your personal data to AAID. You can also delete your personal data that AAID holds at any time. Subject to any legal reasons we may have to keep some of the data we hold about you.
11. As part of the goods or service that we provide it may be necessary to share data we hold about you with third parties, for example specialist consultants, landlords, statutory authorities, contractors and specialist sub-contractors. Before we share any of your personal data we hold about you with any third party we will gain consent off you. If you do not want us to share your personal data with any third party please let us know. You also have the right to ask us to share your personal data with anyone you wish. To exercise this right to data portability please write to us, giving full details, using the details provided at section 12 of this statement.
Effective Starting 25 May 2018
AAID (‘AAID’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) is committed to protecting your privacy and providing you with...